Define a (broad) time interval either by explicitly setting the time range or by entering an Active Region number.
A light curve for the interval will be presented and you can use a box cursor to select a specific, narrower time interval that can be used to request a data search.
If the time range is based on an active region,
the time plot used can either be the one available on the Active Region summary pages or one generated from GOES SXR data.
The Context Service
) creates images on-the-fly using a processing capability based on
Universal Worker Service (UWS) Pattern.
is used to generate different types of plots that are used
by the HELIO Front End
) to assist the user.
To use the CXS, make the required selections (the time range of interest, type of plot required, etc.)
and then press "Send Request". The resulting image or movie should appear on the new page after a few seconds.
Currently the Context Service is able to create:
- Plot of GOES light-curve for a selected time interval (soft X-ray or protons)
- Plot of solar image for a selected date, over-plotted with the location of SXR flares
- Plot the Parker Spiral for a selected date with the location of planets and spacecraft shown
- Movie of an active region (NAR) using images from the SolarMonitor site
- Define a time interval of interest and request observational data for selected instruments for the interval
The Context Service also provides enhanced access to:
- Movies of coronagraph, etc. images for a selected time interval
from the CDAW
archive at NASA/GSFC
- The Parker Spiral plot now creates links to Web sites with solar observations for the selected date
- Flare location image now has links for the ARs into corresponding SolarMonitor images
- Data Gather capability added in early 2020.
CXS Node: helio.mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Last updated: 27th June 2020
Created and maintained by